What to wear?
- Check the weather forecast
- Remember there is a beach!
- Conference attire is business casual (khakis, polo shirts, etc.)
- Nights can get quite chilly next to the sea
What to pack?
- Remember you’ll be getting a laptop bag/backpack as part of your registration
- If you’re booked on a learning lab you’ll need a laptop
- Phone/laptop/iPad chargers
- European travel adaptors for chargers/laptops
- If you’re taking one of the free exams, any study material you might need
- If you are from the EU, bring your free European Health Insurance card in case of emergency
- Business cards for networking opportunities
Watch out for pickpockets
There have been numerous reports of Summit attendees losing Smart phones, passports and wallets and last year I witness several attempts on pickpocketing. As such, don’t put anything in your back pockets when out and about in Barcelona as there are lots of opportunistic thieves just watching for an easy target!